Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rest day Active recovery and Reflection

Friday May 30
I am reflecting a lot and trying to figure out what my athletic goals are right now. I really was inspired to do crossfit again after going to regionals and was reminded of how much I enjoy it. At the same time I am doubting my abilities in olympic weight lifting right now and the ‘shoulds’ that my mind is telling me (which I know logically not to listen to) are creeping in. Not sure of what I want to work toward right now which is unsettling because I have discovered I do better in training when I have a goal out in front of me, that’s when I have fun.
In the confusion, what is clear and true for me is that I love athleticism in every form and I love challenging myself everyday to reach my full potential.  Physically feeling fine, it’s just the mental/emotional side that is feeling off right now.

Went to the woods to listen for some answers - had a lovely 1 hour hike/run with Cedar at Bent Creek this evening which always makes thing more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment