Sunday, December 15, 2013

BS PR!, Jumping BS+ Plyo Circuit, Rowing+CTB+Thrusters

Dec 14


A.    Back Squat                x 5  Establish a 5 RM (don’t feel that you have to rush into the next rep, make sure that you’re organizing yourself and taking a nice breath between each rep...195? ;) 185x5, 190x4 I was going for a 5th but on the 4th rep my right leg did something weird. 
I pretty easily hit 185x5 which matches last weeks effort. Then did 190x4, new PR! So first 3 reps were hard but the 4th was a grind, no video unfortunately. Definately had to rack it after that. As I was standing up 4 th rep I got stuck just above parallel and I thought I might have to dump it, but I kept grinding and I stood it. My right leg did a weird thing where it stepped backward and then I stood. I think it was my body trying to desperately use my quads to stand because my posterior chain was tired, interesting! Long nap this afternoon and food to recover.
    * Rest ~5-7 min before B

B.     5 Rounds
Jumping Back Squat            x 5 (@ 33% of 1RM)
Rest                     30 seconds
“Plyometric Circuit”
Forward Roll                 From red mat
+
12” Box Jump
+
Tall Box Jump             @ 80-90% of Max height (increase height with each round)
Switched out the red wedge mat for just a flat gym mat and added up to 5 mats
   
C.    Row 2000 meters @ 85%
    40 C2B Pull ups (as few breaks as possible)
    40 Thrusters 45# (Fast)
    *after you get off the rower, the goal should be to push hard!
15:15
Row was 9:07 (1K @4:34) - tried to stick to 85% around 2:15 avg pace
accidentally started pull ups did about 10? then switched to CTBs, were 12, 10, 4, 4, 5, 5
TH were 15, 15, 10 - probably didn’t have to put the bar down so much.
Breathing was limiter this

    Rest 3 minutes
    2 MIN AMRAP
    Sit ups
60 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment