Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Snatch, Pause OHS, MUs+GHD situps for time

Jan 1, 2014!

A.    Snatch                    5x1 (have first working rep be at 100#; add weight based on feel; if you’re feeling it, go for it!!!)
Ugh, definately felt the break from regimented training over the holidays. As I warmed up I hit 95# as a PS and so dropped weight and then built back up. Hit 1  squat snatch @ 100#, didn't feel great so decided to keep 100# on the bar and do 5 reps, then next rep was 100# Power Snatch so I decided to shut it down for the day and move on. Technique felt off today - to be expected I guess. Kind of a bummer because my last wod before I left I did 18 reps total with 90# squat snatches combined with the WB and Row and did a double with 95# off blocks.
I lost my technique, and now I'm upset Article by Matt Foreman


B.    OHS w/ 1-sec pause in bottom         3x 6-8 (focus here is on stability and overhead squat strength)
65,75,85 all x8


C.    Muscle ups
    GHD Sit ups
1-2-3-4-5
25-20-15-10-5
7:23, MUs harder this way- only could do 2 MUs at a time, the fatigue in hips from hi to lo rep GHDs to MU transition felt like the limiting factor in this version. But the GHDs in this version were not nearly as hard as the ascending. Overall felt good. Other rep scheme was 6:11.
Let’s see how the time’s match up from the - was 6:15 I think with opposite rep scheme
   
    +
(if you have time) Didn't have time but looks fun
    3 Rounds @ 90%
Burpee     x 6 (jump to high target)
HSPU        x 6
Power Clean  x 6 (moderate-heavy)
    Rest 2 minutes
   






No comments:

Post a Comment