Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weightlifting Meet Feb 1, 2014

Weightlifting Meet Feb 1, 2014

- my first weightlifting meet
-unsanctioned
-an “educational” meet
-mostly all lifters who never had done a meet
-lifts done in #
-weigh in: 122.2#
- Total: 246#
-Sinclair: 162.719
- went 6 for 6
- Best Snatch and C&J were both exact almost exactly 93% of 1RM



Snatch: Opener: 88#, 2nd: 93#, 3rd: 103# - Power Snatched all of these to save my legs a bit for C&J. 103# PS is a PS PR. I definately went too conservative on weights here, I think I could have hit a Snatch PR if I had opened higher. All lifts felt solid.


C&J: Opener: 133#, 2nd: 138#, 3rd: 143# -
Mentally aware of left wrist during warm ups for C&J. Warm up jerks were not good -
elbows were not fully locking out. Got on platform and jerks were much better and locked out, did not worry about wrist. Squat Cleaned opener, Squat cleaned 2nd and over pressurized my torso and held my breath waaaayyy too long on the squat clean, felt like I would pass out when standing at top before jerk, very dizzy, as a result my jerk was horrible and I had to walk it forward to stabilize - it was called a good lift but I felt bad about it. Never had that happen before. So on 3rd C&J: I just decided to Power Clean (matches my PC PR - 143#) and I set up for the jerk much better and got it solid - remembered that I really have to breath and pressurize torso in jerk rack before I jerk.

Based on sinclair I won 1st place for females. Behind, Stephen of course, I was awarded the informal “badass” award by Nick. Looking back I think mostly because I stepped onto the platform confidently for every lift and I actually felt very confident also, which felt really good. Although this was a very small local meet, competing on the platform was awesome! I think I used the pressure to my advantage.  

Best Snatch, PS PR!

Best C&J, matched PC PR

No comments:

Post a Comment