Friday, May 17, 2013

BS, PC + PC CP battery test + 10 min Amrap-PS+DUs

May 18

Testing
A. BS- Build to a Max
B. Build to a 1RM FS in 3 attempts
C. Power Clean build to a max in 8 mins
D. Power Clean - Amrap in 4 mins 90% of C.

+

10 min Amrap 15 PS (75/55), 30 DUs


Results:

A. After a backsquat debockle with 190# I couldn't recover, best I could manage today was 180 with good depth
B. skipped
C. These felt easy today - hit 145# for the first time ever! Video shows the bar too far in front of me but I know that is a technique fix that I will hit in upcoming training
D. Used 130# got 13 reps, all singles, no fails

+
10 min amrap: 4 rounds + 18 DUs , this combination of movements is extremely taxing for my structure. As James referred to it, it is like I am just wasting energy left and right trying to do high rep snatches due to my structural imbalances (stronger upper body to lower body). Ugh, a day later and my traps are on fire, biceps are a little sore too, so I think I was just using my arms only to pull the power snatches.

Overall I was pretty tired today which I should have expected from the 2 day backpacking trip with no sleep due to the bear this week, onward to 290# BS!

Power Clean PR 145#

No comments:

Post a Comment