Friday, May 9, 2014

Program shift: Becca's Quest Day 1

MDUSA Open Meet May 3-4, 2014

Super positive experience! Had great support from Zach, Becca G and Courtney.  I competed in 58kg but weighted in the morning of meet at 55kg. I think I under-performed in the Snatch specifically but overall I am very happy with completing my first sanctioned meet. Best Snatch was a comp PR of 50kg or 110# (actually 110 since it was in kgs) and best C&J was 68kg and it was pretty! So this gave me 118kg for my total, which is a PR. From here my training will take an even more pronounced turn to weightlifting with the goal of reaching a qualifying total for the American Open this year. I will need at least 123kg and be in the 53kg class.  Looking toward some sanctioned meets in NC this summer. Here we go...
 

Day 1
May 5

Warm Up Movements 2-3 Rounds NFT
10 reps x
Snatch Grip Press Under x Light-Moderate
Overhead Squat
1-arm DB Overhead Squat

A.    Snatch Drop 4 sets x 3-5 Reps 70#  (Video last set)
Did all sets with 55# x 5 reps

    **this is ~70% of your 1RM Snatch Drop (the reason that I’ve left a range here is because I don’t want you doing continued reps if they become press outs, so this is a matter of creating a base for a multi rep snatch drop to see for how many reps you can maintain great speed. So, if 5 reps feels good, do not exceed that but if at rep 4 you begin to slow down, let’s stick 3 reps)

B.    Back Squat
75% x 5 #150
85% x 3 #179
95% x AMRAP x #190
190x8, PR
Then 200x1
210x1
215x1
Did not shorten, got a little longer each time
Depth getting better with the heavier squats

(if range of motion shortens, and it takes a very long time to get back to baseline then do not continue with singles; but if range of motion is the same, better, or recovers relatively fast, than keep making jumps at 5% as ROM allows)

C.    1-arm DB High Pull #35 (using ROM testing)
20 in 1:43 L, 20 in 1:50 R

D.    If you have time: Sled x have fun building up to something heavy x 40 meters in so far as the pace is not broken (i.e. continuous steps)
Did 2 sets of  50mx2 with 135?? Shortened
Then did Prowler 50m x2 with 50# added and shortened

No comments:

Post a Comment