Friday, April 19, 2013

20 MUs for Time + Map

April 20

We decided to try one of Shanna and Kate's workouts today, which was:

For time:
20 muscle ups
(perform 3 Hang Power Cleans RX135#, each time you drop from rings)

second set of 5

HPCs @ 115#


 +

Map
2 sets of 5 mins@ 80-90%, do 1 min each for reps:
KBS 1 pd
Wall walks
DUs
Box Jump/Step down
1 arm Farmer Carry
rest 3 mins between sets
then,
2 sets of 5 min Amrap @ 80-90%:
1 arm DB Snatch 3 per arm
10 walking lunges
5-7 pull ups
Run 30mx2 
rest 3 mins between sets

Results:

MU/HPC workout was 11:09, scaled HPCs @ 115#
Could have pushed harder on time but was conservative on breaks between rings and bar since I did not want to get near failure for either
MUs were - 5, 5, 4, 3, 3
HPCs were UB but not TnG

We changed the Map due to timing to 2 10 min amraps instead. I did not could reps or rounds. Farmer Carry was harder than expected, I used 45# and it felt like I was collapsing the space between upper arm and ribcage. Left side low back was a bit irritated today from my form on yesterday's snatch high pulls, not horrible but annoying.

I took Cedar for a short hike this afternoon as a trial run with her backpack. She was not very happy when I put it on her when we left home. On the walk she go used to it. I will be adding more weight to it over the next couple of weeks to get her ready for an overnight backpacking trip this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment